Today’s card features the Stippled Blossom Stamp Set and the Two-Step Stamping technique. Stampin’ Up! carries several stamp sets designed specifically for Two-Step Stamping. The Stippled Blossom stamp set includes 5 bold images and 5 detailed images that coordinate with each other and are used to create a tone-on-tone effect when stamped. You can stamp the bold and detailed images in the same color or in complimentary colors.
For today’s card I stamped the solid rose image in Crushed Curry. Before I stamped my solid rose on cardstock, I stamped off the ink on scrap paper and then stamped the rose on my cardstock. Stamping off allows you to achieve a lighter inked stamped image which is perfect for the Two-Step stamping technique. I then stamped the detailed rose image in Crushed Curry ink directly over the lighter solid image. The combination of these two rose stamps in Crushed Curry is absolutely stunning! I then stamps the larger leaves images in the same manner as the rose stamps using Gumball Green ink. Once the images were stamped I cut them out with my paper snips.
The base of this card is Crushed Curry cardstock. When I first reviewed the 2013-2014 Idea Book and Catalog, I fell in love with the Birthday Basics Designer Series Paper. This paper is not just for birthday themes cards or scrapbook pages! I have included a picture of the patterns that are included in the DSP pack in my post below. The floral print pattern was perfect for this card and I attached this paper to a piece of Very Vanilla Cardstock that I embossed with the Stripes Textured Impressions embossing folder. Tip: to allow your DSP to stick firmly to your cardstock layer, emboss only the portion of cardstock that will be seen above the DSP line. I then covered the seam between the DSP and the Very Vanilla striped layer with Gumball Green Satin Stitched Ribbon.
All of the supplies used for this card can be purchased from my on-line store. Below is a list of the supplies used, along with the item number and price:
- Stippled Blossoms Stamp Set – wood mount #132076 – $26.95 or clear mount #126747 – $18.95
- Petite Pairs Stamp Set – wood mount #128706 – $28.95 or clear mount #122497 – $20.95
- Birthday Basics Designer Series Paper #130145 – $10.95
- Crushed Curry Cardstock #131199 – $6.95
- Very Vanilla Cardstock #101650 – $8.50
- Crushed Curry Classic Stampin’ Pad #131173 – $5.95
- Gumball Green Classic Stampin’ Pad #126861 – $5.95
- Large Oval Punch #119855 – $15.95
- Scallop Oval Punch #119856 – $16.95
- Big Shot #113439 – $99.95
- Deco Labels Collection Framelits #130102 – $24.95
- Stripes Textured Impressions Embossing Folder #123128 – $7.95
- Fancy Fan Textured Impressions Embossing Folder #127751 – $7.95
- Gumball Green Satin Stitched Ribbon #126848 – $8.95
- Paper Snips #103579 – $9.95
- Snail Adhesive #104331 – $4.50
- Anywhere Glue Stick #104045 – $3.95
- Stampin’ Dimensionals #104430 – $3.95