The Snowy Day Stamp Set includes an adorable retro style snowman and all the accessories to dress him or her up! One of the only things that I truly enjoy in the winter is being able to create my own snowman. For this card I stamped the snowman image in the new Smokey Slate ink color and then decorated him with a hat and scarf stamped in Real Red, a carrot nose stamped in Pumpkin Pie and a face and buttons stamped in Jet Black Stazon Ink. Clear mount stamps allow you to evenly layer all the accessories onto the stamped snowman image.
Once my Snowman was stamped I then cut him out with a coordinating size Oval framelit and then cut a larger oval in Smokey Slate to layer behind my stamped image. I then randomly stamped snowflakes in Smoky Slate on the Whisper White background layer and the added the Warm Wishes greeting to the bottom of the card.
The “Merry” greeting was created with the new Expressions Thinlets Dies. These dies cut out beautiful script greetings that add a little style to your finished projects. I have included a photo of the three greetings included in this set. To use this die I cut a piece of cardstock slightly larger than the greeting and placed the cardstock on a cutting plate and on then on the magnetic platform. I then layered a piece of wax paper over the cardstock and placed the thinlets die over the wax paper. Finally you place the second cutting pad over the thinlets die and run the sandwich through the Big Shot. The Expessions Thinlets have several holes in the die and you just need to punch through the holes with a paper piercer or pin to release your cardstock. Using wax paper when cutting your greeting, allows you to more easily remove the cardstock from the die.
Supplies used for this card, which can be purchased from my on-line store:
- Snowy Day Stamp Set – wood mount #131892 – $26.95 or clear mount #131895 – $18.95
- Smoky Slate Cardstock #131202 – $6.95
- Real Red Cardstock #102482 – $6.95
- Whisper White Cardstock #100730 – $8.50
- Smoky Slate Classic Stampin’ Pad #131179 – $5.95
- Real Red Classic Stampin’ Pad #126949 – $5.95
- Pumpkin Pie Classic Stampin’ Pad #126945 – $5.95
- Jet Black Stazon Ink Pad #101406 – $7.95
- Paper Snips #103579 – $9.95
- Big Shot #113439 – $99.95
- Magnetic Platform #130658 – $39.95
- Expressions Thinlets Dies #132171 – $24.95
- Ovals Collection Framelits #129381 – $26.95
- Snail Adhesive #104331 – $4.50
- Two-Way Glue Pen #100425 – $4.50
- Wax Paper